Free government services for new student visa holders | Gales Educación

Free government services for new student visa holders

Hello Damaso

Congratulations on receiving your student visa approval.

To help make your time studying in New Zealand successful, check out these free government services, developed for your benefit.

Help while you are Studying

NZ Study+Work

If your student visa says you can work in New Zealand, visit NZ Study+Work for your rights and obligations, and links to more detailed information.

The Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students

All schools teaching international students must meet minimum standards of teaching and care. Here you can read about and download copies of the Code of Practice.

Settlement Support New Zealand (SSNZ)

Eighteen local offices provide free information and support for all newcomers. See the Settlement Support website for contact details and a wide range of useful information, or call free on 0800 776 948 (0800 SSNZ 4U).

Help in other languages

The Citizens Advice Bureau's Language Link service offers free support in over 20 languages. Visit their website, or call free on 0800 788 877.

Staying in NZ after study?

Depending on your course you might be able to stay on and work in NZ after graduation. To find out more, click here.

For more information or to comment about these services or others we might provide, join us on Facebook, or send us an email.

Kind regards

Steve McGill
General Manager - Settlement, Protection and Attraction

Immigration New Zealand

PLEASE NOTE: This does not include immigration or visa advice. For questions about your visa either visit our website or call us on 0508 558 855 - or talk to any accredited immigration advisor or immigration lawyer